Rgbstock forum

forum > Equipment > Life of a Camera

Life of a Camera

1. coolhewitt2329 April 2016, 6:14 GMT +02:00

In the last 8 years, I have purchased over 6 camera's. My camera collect includes Canon g15,g16,g5x, Nikon d300s and d7100. All of my camera's are still working. I'm kind of curious if anyone knows the life of camera. I thought the average life of a camera is about 3 years. Its always tempting to buy a new camera because of the constant upgrades. How long have you had your camera?

2. ColinBrough29 April 2016, 12:26 GMT +02:00

I suspect the life of a camera depends, at least somewhat, on the size of the pockets of the owner! Though I've added some lenses since I bought it, my Canon EOS 450D is coming on 7 years old now (bought June 2009). I'd love to upgrade, but the cost currently prevents...

3. micromoth30 April 2016, 7:44 GMT +02:00

@1 - It all depends on how much you use it, as the most likely part to wear out is the shutter. I used my previous camera (a Canon 600D) so much that the frame counter surpassed 9999, so reset itself to zero, five times. By then I was noticing slight signs of potential problems, so decided it was time for a new camera.

4. coolhewitt231 May 2016, 3:00 GMT +02:00

Hi Micromoth,

I might pay to repair of my D300s rather than upgrading it.. I guess it depends on the cost of the repair. I know Nikon charges a lot of money for minor repairs. My friend dropped his camera. He paid about 30% of the cost of his camera to repair it. It was still cheaper to repair it than buy a new one. I guess it all depends on the problem. I love viewing Micromoths of the countryside. The picture remind me a lot of Japan. Japan is a very green country.

Thanks for the replies guys

5. xymonau1 May 2016, 13:29 GMT +02:00

I usually stay out of these discussions as I'm not good with technical things. I have a really old Panasonic - about ten years old - that is still working. However, it's a bit slower these days.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lightbox . FAQ . contact . accord de licence . termes d'utilisation . sur Rgbstock.fr . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock