Rgbstock forum

forum > Software > ufraw on Linux

ufraw on Linux

1. ColinBrough8 August 2014, 12:59 GMT +02:00

Anyone else use ufraw on Linux to get Canon Camera Raw (.CR2) files into JPEG? I've started to get black artefacts in corners or at edges, meaning I have to marginally crop the images down before they can be used. The 'eog' can now view .CR2 files directly, but maybe uses a different backend since the artefacts don't show up there (though resolution is reduced when viewing within eog). Haven't noticed it before - though not used ufraw much till recently. (Recent OS update to Ubuntu 14.04 probably when the change in behaviour happened.)

2. ColinBrough8 August 2014, 13:30 GMT +02:00

Meant to post a link to the corner of an image, showing example artefacts:

http://www.colinbrough.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Example.jpg

This is top left corner of an image; artefacts like this will either be present at all corners, or in the middle of each edge.

3. gesinek8 August 2014, 14:34 GMT +02:00

Just tried it. I have the same phenomenon. You're right that's new. Maybe at next update/upgrade it will be better again. But it is worth to tell it to the developers.

I normaly use Darktable for .CR2's. It is more powerful but I think not as simple to use as ufraw. ufraw is ore comfortable to me.

4. ColinBrough8 August 2014, 18:05 GMT +02:00

Oooh, thanks Gesinek! Didn't know about that one... time to play... (And glad the ufraw thing is not just me being stupid...)

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lightbox . FAQ . contact . accord de licence . termes d'utilisation . sur Rgbstock.fr . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock