Rgbstock forum

forum > Equipment > Diagnosing a battery charging problem

Diagnosing a battery charging problem

1. ColinBrough22 June 2014, 10:56 GMT +02:00

Hi

I have a now 5 year old Canon EOS 450D, which came with a LC-E5E charger and one battery. Until this week, all has been well... Battery still has some charge left in it, but I went to recharge it and the charger light doesn't come on, and leaving it overnight it doesn't appear to have charged. Is it more likely to be the battery or the charger that has failed? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and replace both? (If I'm lucky ending up with 2 useable batteries.)

Cheers

Colin

2. gesinek22 June 2014, 21:07 GMT +02:00

Try to load your battery in a shop in a charger. Then you know who is the bad boy.

3. xymonau23 June 2014, 5:25 GMT +02:00

Gesine's suggestion is good. I would imagine the battery is the most likely to die first,

4. ColinBrough23 June 2014, 9:40 GMT +02:00

Just need to find a camera shop nearby :-( Not easy, round here... Tried to find a friend with a close-enough model, but the near neighbour with a Canon has a 650D, which has a different sized battery... Thanks for suggestions!

5. ColinBrough12 July 2014, 12:39 GMT +02:00

It was the charger - was on holiday in a place with a helpful camera shop...

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lightbox . FAQ . contact . accord de licence . termes d'utilisation . sur Rgbstock.fr . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock