Rgbstock forum

forum > Equipment > Compact recommendation?

Compact recommendation?

1. ColinBrough29 November 2013, 17:09 GMT +01:00

Hi

Looking for recommendations for a compact to take with me travelling. I'll be in Ethiopia for a couple of weeks in January on a study trip with a relief and development charity. We will not necessarily be in secure areas, and so I'm not planning on taking my DSLR/lenses (and the extra weight wouldn't help the baggage allowance either!).

Reasonable image quality, fast turn on/shutter response to catch situations are key. Not needing huge zoom ranges. Decent battery life would be a help, since not sure we'll have reliable access to mains power for recharging. My existing kit is Canon, if that makes a difference. Quite like proper viewfinders...!

Probably willing to go up to £150/$240/€180 approximately.

Any recommendations welcome.

Colin

2. Groningen30 November 2013, 23:02 GMT +01:00

Canon PowerShot G1 X

3. coolhewitt231 December 2013, 13:35 GMT +01:00

I have a Olympus SP-56OUZ camera. It's a horrible camera. Its takes 4 AA batteries. The batteries lasts about 2 hours then I have to replace them. I don't recommend Olympus products.. You might consider buying a small Nihon compact camera because Nikon products are better.

take care
cool

4. coolhewitt231 December 2013, 13:35 GMT +01:00

5. Groningen2 December 2013, 0:42 GMT +01:00

dude did you even take the time to read my post
or did you just assume ….

6. gesinek2 December 2013, 18:11 GMT +01:00

I have a PowerShot xs220 h5 and I can't recommand it. In most situations the areas with not much different colors are blurry. May be its my mistake, but I tried a lot of different settings in the past.

I used to have an old Lumix TZ ... That was a very good camera but it has broken down :-(

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lightbox . FAQ . contact . accord de licence . termes d'utilisation . sur Rgbstock.fr . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock