Rgbstock forum

forum > Equipment > Canon 60D

Canon 60D

1. mzacha9 February 2012, 10:44 GMT +01:00

Is that one worth buying? I am planning to get some real equipment this year and I think about Canon 60D. But some people say I should wait a little bit longer and get 7D, the others suggest choosing used 50D (cheaper and better, not plastic) and some are suggesting 1000D or Nikon or Sony ect...

And I do not know what to do :)

2. ColinBrough29 February 2012, 18:10 GMT +01:00

I've been going through the exact same internal discussion! I have a Canon 450D, and will certainly be getting some new lenses in the next few months. Do I also upgrade my camera?

From my point of view, the tiltable screen of the 60D is a big draw - I enjoy macro work, and funny angles would be easier to work... The reviews haven't convinced me that the better focusing and larger sensor on the 7D would make enough difference to me to justify the extra cost. YMMV.

But the inheritance which will help with this expenditure hasn't arrived yet, so no final decision taken!!

3. micromoth2 March 2012, 6:38 GMT +01:00

I'm very happy with my 600D, purchased just a few months ago. I was amazed to hear that this model is even being used by commercial film crews to film scenes for the production of well known recent films such as "Iron Man".

4. gesinek19 March 2012, 17:39 GMT +01:00

I'm not as much profi in this things as you other are. But I bought a used 50D a few month ago. And I'm happy with it. I chosed that one because it takes 6,3 pictures/sec for I'm often photographing at sport events, for some clubs or very, very lokal newspapers. So that was my first decision criterion and second one was the price.

5. mzacha3 July 2012, 10:54 GMT +02:00

I've got it! 60D plus 17-55 f/2.8. Now I have to read a manual. Thick as hell ;-)

6. gesinek3 July 2012, 12:25 GMT +02:00

Congrats. I hope you have a lot of fun with it :-)

7. mzacha10 July 2012, 11:25 GMT +02:00

I have. I still haven't read the manual, it is really thick. I tried to do some shots - nice fun. And the quality is really good. At least!

8. crisderaud10 July 2012, 15:08 GMT +02:00

I have trouble reading the manual too. The little book is so small and thick but hard to look through. I went to the Canon site and downloaded the .pdf version of the book. You can enlarge it and do a search of the book which makes finding info a lot easier.
I like my 60D. I have no complaints with it at all.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lightbox . FAQ . contact . accord de licence . termes d'utilisation . sur Rgbstock.fr . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock