Rgbstock forum

forum > Equipment > Should I throw this flash away?

Should I throw this flash away?

1. debsch8 July 2013, 13:36 GMT +02:00

I have an old canon speedlite 430EZ flash that I dug out a few days ago. It's something that I haven't used for years and years.

I found that the batteries were still in there and - of course - they have leaked and made a bit of a mess inside... one of the springy things is stuck down with whatever came out of the batteries.

I was wondering, should I throw it away or can it be saved with a bit of cleaning?

Thanks.

2. debsch8 July 2013, 13:37 GMT +02:00

Some one in control please delete my trigger-happy double post. Thanks!

3. ColinBrough8 July 2013, 22:21 GMT +02:00

I had a working Minolta flash from film days, but I couldn't make it do anything helpful with my Canon DSLR, so my personal experience would suggest its not worth the hassle of repair even if it is possible.... but this was a c.1984 flash, so even older than your Speedlite. I may just not be very patient, or skilled in using flash - both are probably true!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lightbox . FAQ . contact . accord de licence . termes d'utilisation . sur Rgbstock.fr . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock